Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert[_21_] Robert[_21_] is offline

Default Sunbeam Electric Blankets Keep Failing

replying to Bruce, Robert wrote:
parcxman wrote:

Hi,
If there is a better newsgroup for this, please let me know.
In the past few years, I've bought two king size Sunbeam electric heating
blankets. They were the mid- to high-end models. After less than a year
the first one would no longer heat, and we sent it back for repairs. The
repair (I believe they just replaced the controls) took six months turn
around, and postage was at our expense. After a few months more, it went
out again.
The second blanket, less than a year old, is having the same problem.
After only a few months use, the blanket will not heat, although the
control is set to high.
Has anyone else had similar problems with Sunbeam electric blankets? I
really hesitate to send it back to the factory for repairs.
I've looked for other brands of electric blankets, but Sunbeam seems to
be the only brand around. Are you aware of any other brands.
Sincerely,
Bruce

Same here. Had one repaired several times at my shipping expense of
course. Purchased a new one, same issue after about one year. Unit draws
about 35 watts max so the wires are connected, just very low heat. On the
previous unit twice was the control unit, once was the blanket connector.
No dogs, no kids, no rough use.