Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default keeping Sta-Bil over the winter

On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 8:13:13 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 12/6/2015 4:38 AM, Micky wrote:
No more really warm days until spring so I need to put the motor
scooter away for the winter.

I read that if I am not going to use my entire container of Sta-Bil
this fall, I have to add Sta-Bil-Bil, to keep it from gumming up.

But I can't find a place that sells it. ??

Duh.

But seriously, in my snow thrower, Sta-bil did not work. Apparently gas
evaporated or attacked carburetor parts gumming it up.

I put Sta-Bil in my gas can so to it goes into whatever machine I put gas in. At the change
of season I fill the tank of the snow blower or lawn mower and then - this is key - I start each
once a month. I have my snow blower on a dolly so it's easy to roll out of the corner of the
garage and out into the driveway to start. The lawn mower is much lighter, so that's easy
to pull out. Once a month keeps everything fresh and flowing.