Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

Larry Jaques wrote:

Praps y'all should pursue these 2 less technical devices?
http://tinyurl.com/ngmuzox and http://tinyurl.com/q57xduk

Well, but it really works well, gets clothes clean on about 10 gallons of
water per load. It also spins the clothes so dry (at 1200 RPM) that you
could almost wear them without using the dryer. We actually were able to
see the drop in our water bill when we got the thing.

I did have to replace the main bearings and seals on it, and waited too
long, so detergenty water got into the motor and burned up some windings.
Fortunately, it didn't fry the VFD.

Then, last month I had to extract a US Quarter (coin) out of the drain pump.

Otherwise, it just works, and has done many thousands of wash loads. Some
of the kids have moved out, but when we got it we had a family of eight, so
the washer was busy from 9 AM to 9 PM most nights.

Jon