Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bruce Esquibel[_2_] Bruce Esquibel[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

amdx wrote:

I had an SX-828, bought it sometime in the early 70s.
Been so many years, I don't recall the problem, but
I tossed it about two years ago, just too much stuff.

Heh, anyone else reading this, before you toss it, check ebay for the
completed listings on both working and non-working audio stuff from the
70's and 80's, it's nuts.

Even if that 828 was broke, it seems to fetch $100-$150 and the working ones
$200 on up.

Some of the top of the line ones from back then (pio sx-1980, sansui 5500 i
think) in the thousands. This isn't the old tube stuff like Fisher and
Marantz, just the popular solid state crap from the 70's and 80's.

The power amps and speakers don't follow but anything with receivers and
turntables from that period, you probably can make back what you paid for it
new, and then some.

-bruce