Posted to alt.home.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default black & decker firestorm power drill

In article ,
dilbert firestorm wrote:

my B&D firestorm power drill appears to have quit working. I have 2
batteries and they look like they're the problem. anyone know of a good
source of cheap batteries for it?

Dilbert-

I have older B&D Firestorm and a Dewalt drills that both take a 9.6 Volt
battery. The batteries look alike, but are not fully interchangeable
due to some slight mechanical differences. However a Firestorm battery
can be charged in a Dewalt charger.

It may be possible to purchase a Dewalt 9.6 Volt battery and transfer
its contents to the Firestorm battery case. However the cost may be
greater than purchasing a new drill with a modern battery!

As others have suggested, your best bet may be to find a place like
"Batteries Plus" that can rebuild your batteries. They may want to sell
you a new one for the same price as a rebuild, but be aware that their
new battery may not fit your drill. I purchased one of their Ray-O-Vac
batteries for the Dewalt drill. It will not fit on the B&D Firestorm.

Walmart used to carry the 9.6 Volt Firestorm batteries, but discontinued
them. I found a couple on clearance for a bargain price several years
ago. I doubt there are still any out there, but you never know.

Fred