Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Elson Jon Elson is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

Larry Jaques wrote:

So, are you going to tell me that this is a coincidence, or are these
thieving bastids designing this crap to fail quickly, then making an
equal amount (to the sales profit) by servicing their dead crap? I'm
strongly guessing the latter. sigh

No, I think the evil *******s is pretty appropriate! On the other hand, it
may have just been ONE crappy relay. I bought a bunch of parts to put arc
suppressors on all the relays, but never did install them. So, there are
still 11 relays of two different types perking along merrily for the last 3+
years! I was expecting the rest of the relays to start failing, but that
hasn't happened.

Jon