Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/5/2015 6:55 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 12/05/2015 01:06 PM, Muggles wrote:
I was glad when I got out of that, though, because I don't
have the steady hands that I used to have to do all the plateau
embroidery and cut work.

Okay, google just let me down. What's 'plateau embroidery'? My
grandmother did something that involved hoops and about 1000 little
skeins of yarn, thread, or whatever it's called.

When the principle ballerina wears a tutu it can be decorated by a top
flat portion that's attached to the top of the tutu. Part of what I did
was take the ballet designers pattern and create the tutu plateau which
could include intricate sewing patterns (sometimes zig-zagged) using
invisible thread and then cut outs in the pattern, and then glittery
jewels and beads were sew on to decorate the plateau.

One of my aunts was a seamstress for a while and tended to have a
mouthful of straight pins rather than using a pin cushion. She looked up
one day and one of the ankle biters was emulating her. I don't think she
breathed until the kid was disarmed.

LOL I always used a pin cushion, and supplemented with a wand magnet.

--
Maggie