Posted to sci.electronics.repair
M Philbrook M Philbrook is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

In article ,
says...

In a similar vein to your remote story, we sold an $1800 Tandberg
cassette deck that came to the shop over and over again for not
responding to the transport keys. In the shop it always worked
perfectly. I decided to go to the customer's house after work to see
what the problem was. At his house, the keys didn't work. I spotted
a light dimmer on the wall. Turning it off and the deck worked
perfectly.

---

While I was in a neighborhood visiting a nice looking girl, a friend of
hers ask if I could go over to their place and see why their portable
color TV near the door had messed up colors they could not remove.

I really didn't want to go and told them it would be a minimum of $20
bucks just to walk in, they accepted.

So I walked in and didn't even bother to turn the TV on. I reached up
on top of the TV set and removed the 9x6 Triaxal Speaker with a large
magnet on it, sitting there for what ever reason, I have no idea why.

I held my hand out for the money! They asked aren't you going to even
turn it on? I said, you can do that, they did and could not believe what
they saw. I took the money and said, have a good day now..

Jamie