Posted to alt.home.repair
Eagle[_3_] Eagle[_3_] is offline

Default AGM car batteries?

bob haller formulated on Saturday :
On Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 10:57:14 AM UTC-5, Eagle wrote:
Tony Hwang presented the following explanation :
Eagle wrote:
Oren expressed precisely :
Need a new 12V battery for a car (two dead cells).

Seems now all batteries just have a 3 year warranty. Some just 30
months.

Anybody use AGM batteries? I'm in the desert with temps reaching up
117F in summer. Always had SLI batteries, some lasted 5 years.
Thinking about the AGM models.

I keep a couple of texicans under the hood tokeep My battery charged... ^^

How about mouse or squirrels on tread mill? I used to attach solar trickle
charger in olden days. Now new cars with fuel injection has no
problem starting in winter mornings even parked outside.

Meese and squirrels don't speak gud engrish, so them texicans would
work more better. )

Most of the Carbureted cars and trucks will suffer with battery issues,
where the newer fuel injected engines and non lead-acid type batteries
last much longer. Jump starting is much better than in the past where
jumper cables were the norm. Now, and small hand held lithium battery
will turn over an engine without having to jump from one car to the
other. My new Jeep Grand Cherokee has a battery that is half the size
of a lead acid battery.
You gotta love the new tech!

some vehicles are locating the vehicle battery in the trunk, far away from
the engine heat.

the chevy cobalt is like that

I keep the battery in the bed of My truck for weight transfer and ease
of access.