Bubba

Default Mitsubishi CS-28EX1C No picture just black screen with blue and red speckles! Help needed!!

This tv has sound and a working 'on screen display' and menu. When
first turned on the picture is black with a few big blue and red
speckles. The speckles will disappear to a black screen after a few
minutes but come back if turned off then back on. The blue background
works fine when tuned to a channel with no signal. VCR input is the
same with speckles and good sound. I suspect I can rule out the tuner
but what do I look for here? I am a radio repair man with only a bit
of experience with tv's so any help from anyone to get me ontrack with
this problem would be very much appreciated. TIA
Bub