Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] mogulah@hotmail.com is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 1:53:47 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Chuck" wrote in in sci.electronics.repair in message
The receiver tech was flummoxed by one of those large 1970s Pioneer

receivers. It had a problem none of us had seen before and we were a
high volume audio chain. There was slight audio distortion on both
channels, only on FM. We all worked commission only so I was the only
one to volunteer to help him out. To cut to the chase, the receiver
had an over designed mute circuit that was 3 or 4 stages deep, At the
deepest stage there was one of the Sanyo electrolytics that became a
common failure item many years later which was slightly leaky.

Many electronic devices will have a common problem. It may take a while to
find it,but once found, the first thing to look for.

Most of them have microchips (that you can't open up and repair). And they have software and wireless or hard wired connections to larger facilities elsewhere where techs can come in and review the software.

Many problems seem to be caused from malware or spyware (maybe some even from the government or other places) that intentionally interferes with the intended software provided by the company on the package's label.

I worked for a large company and we had a new building built and
equipment installed.

Right now, I'm not even working. I'm just sitting around looking at space cartoons and video games.