Posted to sci.electronics.repair
c4urs11[_2_] c4urs11[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer electronics "war stories"

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 06:34:55 -0600, Mark Zacharias wrote:

Maybe we could share some "war stories" of cool repairs we have done
in the past.

Somewhere in the eighties we installed a custom-built control system in
a 24/7 assembly line for SIL ceramic hybrid circuits.
Subcontractor of subcontractor job.

One night I was called in for an unexpected stop.
Inside the plant I was 'greeted' by the crowd of tech support people and
blaming managers gathered around our equipment.
On my way to the control system I came across one of the typical mushroom
emergency stops along the production line.
By habit I twisted the knob and felt the release spring.
I worked my way to the control panel and engaged the start.
Within seconds the crowd silenced and fled the scene: the line was up.

We were never again called in.