Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default black & decker firestorm power drill

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 16:24:36 -0500, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:

"Don Y" wrote in message
I had a delightful little cordless soldering iron many years ago.
Came up to temperature almost instantly (push button to turn on).
But, as it didn't see regular use, the battery eventually failed.
Do I buy another? Or, an entire replacement iron? Or, just
resolve myself to live with the corded irons and keep an outlet
(or extension cord) nearby whenever in use?

Sounds like the soldering iron I had. A whal or wahl , something like that.
Great for a couple of quick connections, but I did not use it very much
after I had it for a year or so. Then it took longer to recharge it than to
heat up the one with a cord. Battery finally would not hold a charge, so
junked it.

You know, when you get to Heaven, there are no battery operated tools.
But there are receptacles every 20 feet. They tried battery tools
for a while, but when the batteries wore out, instead of recycling
them properly, some would just drop them on the floor. And of course
there was no floor and the batteries would fall to earth, going
enormously fast by the time they hit the ground. Several people were
hurt and 2 were killed. The press covered it on those 2 occasions and
said "died of unknown cause" because they didn't think the battery
would have enough speed to kill. No one wanted to admit the obvious,
that they had falled from a great height.