Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Quote From Time Warner For Cable Service

On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 8:04:19 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:
On 12/4/2015 4:26 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
"Rojo Pene" wrote in message
eb.com...
I became tired of my TV shows being constantly interrupted by sports
games, weather "emergencies", political bull**** and of course those
****ing annoying TV commercials.

When I went to direct tv I got the recorder box and can hit a button on the
recordered shows that fast forwards it 30 seconds at a time.
I don't watch many shows in real time and knock off about 15 minuits of
every hour show.

I have Comcast and do it with their DVR. I can record 2 shows at the
same time. They have a newer DVR, I think, that records 10 at once.

Most folks probably don't realize that commercial TV can use 1/4 of the
time for commercials.

Most folks living in a cave perhaps.

I urge my pro sport following friends do this. Pro football is the
biggest offender where the 2 minute warning can take a half hour.

The problem with DVRing sports is that friends (and analysts) are texting (and tweeting) during the live action. Unless you want to see a bunch of spoilers on your phone, you might as well
watch the games.

No, putting the phone down until after you watch the game is not an option. To a large extend,
text and Twitter have become part of the game time experience.

..