Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default AGM car batteries?

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 16:49:20 -0700, Tony Hwang
wrote:

Eagle wrote:
Oren expressed precisely :
Need a new 12V battery for a car (two dead cells).

Seems now all batteries just have a 3 year warranty. Some just 30
months.

Anybody use AGM batteries? I'm in the desert with temps reaching up
117F in summer. Always had SLI batteries, some lasted 5 years.
Thinking about the AGM models.

I keep a couple of texicans under the hood tokeep My battery charged... ^^

How about mouse or squirrels on tread mill? I used to attach solar
trickle charger in olden days. Now new cars with fuel injection has no
problem starting in winter mornings even parked outside.

What is the point you two guys are making? Battery cells don't go bad
in a car driven regularly? Alternator tests good. No parasitic draws.

How 'bout I use a couple of drunken injun squaws under the hood. Eagle
would like that. I could give them firewater, too.