Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Ryobi charger "fries" batteries?

I have one of Ryobi's chargers that takes six of their 18V Li-Ion
batteries at once and will charge them all in sequence and then (so it
is claimed) "maintain" them ready for use.

However, I have found that many of the batteries that have been left in
there are now reported to be dead -- or near enough dead.

Anybody else had any problems with Ryobi batteries or chargers?

I haven't opened up any of the newest 4AH battery packs, but the 2.4AH
one I opened up had the same Sanyo cells that just about everybody uses
in their battery packs -- even including the RIDGID ones with the
lifetime warranty.

Perce