Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default IN THE KITCHEN FOR A CHANGE OF SUBJECT

On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 12:01:30 -0800

FrozenNorth brought next idea :
On 2015-12-04 1:41 PM, Eagle wrote:
Does anyone here have a recipe for chicken pot pie?
I remember having chicken pot pie at Marie Callender's not long
ago, and remember it to be lip smacking GOOD! The pot pies you buy
from the grocery store are alright, but don't have that light
brown and very flaky crust like the freshly made pies from Marie
Callender's . I'll be doing the cooking, so a report will be forth
coming.

I actually made this last night, but the sauce was too runny, I
ended up adding flour and cornstarch to try and thicken it up
before adding to the pie shell. It was very tasty.

http://www.chicken.ca/recipes/chicken-pot-pie

Looks good. To Me, the crust is what makes the pie. My Ina made the
flakiest and tastiest pie crust ever, but She used lots of
Shortening, or even lard. I don't want to use that white stuff, so a
good replacement is needed.

Well if you do not want to use the proper items then you
need to grab your walker move away and STFU!