Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Quote From Time Warner For Cable Service

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015 09:45:35 -0800, "taxed and spent"
wrote:

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message
A co-worker just showed me a quote to have Time Warner Cable run service
to his house. TWC told him that the nearest point for them to tie into
an existing junction is ~7000 feet away.

They said that they would be happy to run cable to his house. All he has
to do is pay them $44,000.

He's planning to stick with satellite for now.

Can he explain his reasoning?

I already have cable hanging on the side of my house and I still went
for satellite.
I don't know about TW but Comcast sucks. When we had a small
independent cable company it was great but comcast soured me on the
whole business. Lousy service, reliability sucks and they really don't
care when you complain about it.
I had my most enjoyable day with comcast when I cut the cable and set
their equipment out by the mailbox.