Posted to alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Adhesive Question ?

On 12/3/2015 2:41 PM, Bennett wrote:
On 12/3/2015 12:04 PM, Mr. Emann wrote:
Ostate ?

Or,... ?

Thanks,
Bob

Elmer's wood glue.

Elmer's plus some toothpicks or similar.

Elmer's glue works great for wood...however it needs to be used with
wood that does not already have glue on it as the wood must absorb
it...and it also needs to be clamped.

I recently used Gorilla glue for the first time and found it to be less
than satisfactory.

What I do is drill a small hole and countersink...use a wood or drywall
screw then cover over the hole with stained wax designed for the purpose.

There might be a better way to do this, but doggone it nothing I've ever
repaired that way ever came apart again/