Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Gutter repair

On Thu, 3 Dec 2015 13:31:44 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Another option is to abandon the current spikes & ferrules and use brackets:

There are many types to choose from. A couple of examples are these
internal ones:

http://www.currysgutter.com/sitebuil...s/brackets.jpg

and these external ones:

http://img2-3.timeinc.net/toh/i/g/11...19-gutters.gif

When I had my gutters replaced a few years ago, they got rid of the
spikes (which were doing what yours are doing) and used the
internal brackets.

The internal sure look better. Less fasteners; thus, less chance of
opening the wood to water exposure. I guess caulk could be used to
seal the external bracket screws from water intrusion, via caulk in
the holes of the fasteners before mounting.