Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI's

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 19:56:00 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 12/2/2015 7:48 PM, wrote:

Get a spare non-gfi breaker. Pop it into the panel in place of the
GFCI and see what happens.

Have to open the "main" side in order to run the neutral leg
for that branch circuit over to the "neutrals" tie point.

Nothing is ever "easy"...

On my QO panel it's easy - neutral buss on both sides. Putting in the
GFCI I had to extend the neutral because the sparky that replaced the
panel didn't run the neutrals for the breakers on the one side to the
same side as the breaker - he put all the neutrals on the "short"
side. VERY neet job - but made it difficult to install GFCI breakers
in the panel.