Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.com is offline

Default Adhesive Question ?

Hello,
Have an older wooden chair with slats in the back.
Some have worked loose.
Irrespective of what type of glue I use, the glue will have to fill a
1/16 or so space, as the slats cannot be forced into any closer position.
Do I want Gorilla glue which I think I read is a polyurethane, and will
fill us small gaps ? Or, an epoxy ? Or, a hot melt adhesive, perhaps ?
BTW: do hot melt adhesives set up really/totally hard, or only to a
"semi-hard" state ? Or,... ?
Thanks, Bob

... a photo or two would really help.
... so many different styles of chair construction.
Are you wishing to bond slats into rails ?
.. or filling space between slats .. ?
Some of these olden chairs had a little hidden
brad to hold the slats .. the slats were
floating .. for expansion / contraction ..
jt