Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Amazon review process

rbowman wrote:
On 12/03/2015 06:23 AM, CRNG wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing anything like that. It does seem odd. One
metric I do use is the sum of 1&2 stars. If that is more than 15% I
take a much closer look into the ratings.

I've seen some split ratings. I like the Photon MicroLights and bought
several. One of the third party suppliers was ringing in Chinese ripoffs
so the people who got those and didn't realize it were giving bad reviews.

I'd ordered three and got two genuine and one that was obviously a
knockoff. I emailed Amazon, told them the knockoff worked okay but
obviously wasn't the real deal. It wasn't a big enough deal to send it
back for an exchange but Amazon credited me for it anyway. That
particular third party supplier was dropped. That has to be a headache
for Amazon. They can't warehouse everything in the world but vetting the
suppliers for some of the small items must be a pain.

Ever heard vine reviewers? There are pro reviewers paid for their job.