Posted to alt.home.repair
Wade Garrett Wade Garrett is offline

Default (OT) elderly shoppers

On 12/2/15 4:21 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 08:30:41 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Tony Hwang:
Japanese old saying, "If you laugh at penny, some day you'll cry for penny"

I call it "Respect for money".

I'll bend over to pick up a penny on the street - just out of respect.

Didn't know I had it until I saw this guy throw a hand full of pennies
at some pigeons in the city and had a serious "WTF ???" moment.

I tend to pick up pennies too. (Unless they are in a urinal or toilet).
I always figure, WHY NOT pick them up. A penny is a penny and bending
over is good exercise.

I saw a young guy leave a convenience store one day. As soon as he left
the store he just tossed all his change (coins) on the ground. The guy
who was with him, did the same thing. I picked up all the coins, and got
almost $2. I went into the store, bought a can of soda and a donut with
that change, and I still had a few coins left. I really enjoyed that
"treat". For some reason, food always tastes better when it's free......

By the way, I dont think the Japanese use Pennies.....

I do my early morning 30 minute fitness-walk at a nearby strip shopping
center that has several free-standing fast food joints.

I routinely pick up change right outside the drive-thru payment window.
That's money that the driver drops but doesn't get out of the car to
pick up. I also find change-- usually mostly pennies several feet past
the window-- change that people tossed.

In parking spaces right near the restaurants, I sometimes find change
mixed with food wrappers/bags, usually on the driver side of the parking
space-- money tossed out with the litter by in-car eaters.

I walk most days and typically score between 50 cents and a dollar which
I save up in a jar. Every few months, it pays for an extra dinner out
with the missus-- thereby undoing the good my walking did...

--
There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men.
- Robert A. Heinlein