Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Amazon review process

On 12/2/2015 10:32 AM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 12/2/2015 8:09 AM, Don Y wrote:

The fact that they even allow "unverified reviews" is a sleazy practice.
Gee, with the volume of sales that they report, they can't find
bonafide customers to testify regarding the products that they sell?

Just about everyone I've bought from on Amazon ends up requesting me to
write a review of the product I purchased. I have neither the time nor
the inclination to do so, and I suspect most buyers feel the same way.
Instead, I selectively review.

Basically what I do.

Would like to add that Amazon will often request a review before you
have opened the package or just opened it.

I wrote one on a wifi printer giving it good marks for ease of set-up.
Then a couple of months later, had some troubles with it but could not

Might add that it is easier to deal with Amazon themselves rather than
some of their listed suppliers. I tend to stay away from the secondary
suppliers. Can also note that Best Buy will match Amazon prices but
only if the item comes directly from Amazon.