Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Amazon review process

On Thu, 03 Dec 2015 00:15:07 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote in

snip...

You stepped over their line, They just don't a food fight.
I wrote a review on a new gasket set, stating it came with the box
sloppily taped shut, one gasket was bent, and another one missing.
Amazon posted it, but some jomoca wrote a response that I "shouldn't
give a bad review" for that reason. I set him straight.
Wrote another review on a wall register, which came bent, because it
was shipped in a cheap envelope. Some jomoca responded that I should
read the amazon review guidelines, and change or delete the review.
Both reviews are still there. There are plenty of Amazon groupies
"monitoring" the reviews.

BTW, both reviews also got a response saying there was nothing wrong
with it, and one saying the review "guidelines" should be changed.

I've never read the guidelines, but have posted about 300 reviews.
This was my first rejected review and it has caused me become a bit
skeptical of items have a low ( 100??) number of reviews. In the
future, when considering purchasing a item that has a low number of
reviews, I'm going to take a much harder look at those reviews.