Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/2/2015 9:41 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/2/2015 3:25 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

The first thing to learn about utilities is like

what you would teach someone about guns. Know how
to make them safe. With utilities, show them how to
turn them off and how to make them safe. I have locks
I used to lock out valves and electrical disconnects
to make things safe to work on.

CY: Lockout is a good idea. I can think of two moments
when someone "almost" turned on the power while I
was working.

In my first house back in 1966 I did some electrical work and an
electrician where I worked took the time to show me how to do the hookup
in the panel and a lot of simple basics. About a year later, pre=OSHA
days, he was in the plant early working by himself. They found him dead
on the unit he was working on with test leads hooked up and live.