Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default GFCI's

On 12/2/2015 6:36 PM, wrote:

You may just have a bad breaker.

Did you miss the point where I said I replaced the breaker?
TWO bad breakers? But the other three located within inches
in the panel are all OK? Swap one of those in for the
bad circuit (wanna bet that would be a wasted effort??)

How much cord do you have out there and is it still on that spool?

The same amount that has been out there and on the spool for the
last ~decade. I can swap to another spool. I can unwind it all.
But, none of those seem like reliable alternatives (do I then
start considering trimming the length of the cord, etc.?)

I would keep eliminating the various components in this circuit until
you get to what the problem is.

Well, that's sort of obvious! : The trick is figuring it out
before trying the last possible option!