Jerry G.

Default can someone help with a Cable problem?

The cable company is obliged to give you proper signal level, and
performance. If they cannot, you should tell them that you want to quit
their service. In this case, get a satellite dish, if they cannot fix it.
When you quit them, tell them your reason for dropping their service, and
that you are going to get a dish. You may even find the dish service much
better. Infact, I am in an area where I cannot get the satellite services.
The cable company would have been out of here a few years ago!

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

"Mike" wrote in message
om...
I don't know if anyone can help me with this but it doesn't hurt to
ask. I've tried other newsgroups and forums but I really didn't have
too much luck.

For the past several years my analog cable reception has been pretty
crappy. It was fine for several years after it was installed (which
was about 13 years ago) but then it started going downhill. The cable
company claims that it's because they are adding more channels and
their system isn't fully setup for that yet but I know that's not the
truth. I think it has something to do with the wiring and/or old
cables used.

Ever since they came out and repaired/replaced a cut cable line I've
been picking up the audio from a local radio station on one or two
channels. Most of them are too snowy to watch and have a bit of static
on them. This doesn't occur on all the TVs just the last one or two
connected. There are four outlets with 3 splits and the two TVs with
the problem are on the last split. I know that one of the cables goes
from the basement to outside on the roof, then up into the attic then
back down into the two rooms on the second floor. I'm thinking that
part of the problem is the cable on the roof and the cables in the
attic. Perhaps the one on the roof can't withstand the extreme
temperatures. It gets baked in the summer and frozen in the winter.
And the ones in the attic perhaps get too hot in the summer. It really
does get hot up there in the summer. Perhaps they just need to be
replaced? It has been 13 years.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on what the problems could be? Or
perhaps what I can do (without spending any money) to see where the
problem is coming from? The cable company won't fix the problem and I
am sick of this crap. I'd like to report them to someone but I don't
know who. I can't find a number or address for the local franchise
authority and Comcast won't give me any info about them. They have a
bogus address for them on the cable bill.