Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_4_] Muggles[_4_] is offline

Default Junk : Legitimate Phone Calls - Your Ratio ?

On 12/2/2015 1:43 PM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Muggles:

Got another robocall from some spammer that said something like this:

"Hello, we're calling from XYZ business and contacting {empty space
supposed to be someone's name they never say} to let you know about an
issue you may not be aware of regarding your SS#..."

I wish I could find a way to block it!!

I would admonish anybody who let somebody they do not know personally
get that far to hang up faster.

Seems to me like an indicator of the total failure of our news media to
inform the public is in the wishy-washy advice they give about not doing
business with callers before consulting some-authority-or another.

If it were me writing that stuff it would boil down to "Who is calling ?
Do I know you ?".... if the caller is unknown, "Click ! ".... no
niceties, no civility... just "Click !".

With me, 9 out of 10 times it doesn't even get as far as "Do I know you
?"..... more than about a half-second of silence, and I hang up.

I don't answer, and almost always let the machine pick it up unless I'm
in a "mood" to play with them and then I'll answer, "Pizza hut! Can I
take your order? Dine in or carry out? Hello??? click!"

--
Maggie