Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI's

On 12/2/2015 11:02 AM, Don Y wrote:
On 12/2/2015 8:39 AM, wrote:
What happens if the breaker is already on and you just plug in the
lights?

The breaker trips. This is one of my least favorite ways of testing
as it means a trip all the way around the house to reset the
breaker... By contrast, turning the breaker on with load attached
gives me the same feedback -- and, I'm right there, ready to turn it
back on, again.

I'm remembering the customer who called. The furnace
tripped the breaker. So, she reset the breaker a
couple dozen times, till the breaker stayed on.
Still won't work.

I find the first problem was a $65 shorted blower
motor. Second problem was the $250 circuit board
that fried cause she kept sending power surges
through it.

--
..
Christopher A. Young