Posted to alt.home.repair

Default GFCI's

On Wed, 02 Dec 2015 08:07:12 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

On 12/2/2015 7:55 AM, bob haller wrote:
install a regular switch or a timer after the breaker.

not only more convenient, but long term using a breaker as a switch can lead
to breaker failure.

The first "test" I did was to replace the breaker -- with one that has seen
*no* use.

So, while flipping the breaker on and off a few dozen times a year *may*
fatigue the mechanism, it's not the cause of our current problem (unless
the replacement breaker happens to be defective from the factory).

What happens if the breaker is already on and you just plug in the
lights?