Posted to alt.home.repair
Moe DeLoughan Moe DeLoughan is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/2/2015 8:04 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per (PeteCresswell):
Anything involving a ladder.

... or a chain saw.

In fact, I got rid of my chain saw years ago and have used hand saws
since....

The perceived risk did not come close to balancing out the time saved.
i.e. The chain saw was just too scary for a marginally-competent
occasional user.

Word. They are useful but potentially very dangerous tools. Now that
I'm getting older, I limit myself to smaller electric chainsaws that
have less kickback. I leave the big cutting jobs for the younger folks.