Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default What home repairs are you most Afraid of?

On 12/02/2015 07:20 AM, Don Y wrote:
I felled a couple of (large) trees, here, with just a "bow saw":
climb into the tree (ladder); tie a rope around the limb you want
to remove; loop that rope around another limb; cut; lower to ground;
lather, rinse, repeat.

Shoot arrow with fishing line attached over limb. Pull rope over the
limb with the line. Tie rope to bumper of '51 Chevy coupe. Drive off.
Works like a charm.

My mother went to visit my brother and left some cash for groceries and
instructions to do something about the dead elm in the backyard. We
immediately drove to Vermont and used the grocery money to buy booze.
Returning home, we worked out the limbing process.

My mother wasn't impressed when she returned home, noted the empty
bottles, the tire ruts in the lawn, and other ancillary damage. I really
don't know what the woman expected was going to happen.