Posted to alt.home.repair
CRNG[_2_] CRNG[_2_] is offline

Default Amazon review process

Anybody else here run in to something like this?

I often buy repair related items (tools, etc) from Amazon, and I
consider the reviews an important decision element. While browsing
yesterday, I happen to stumble upon this non-repair related item when
doing a search with the word "emergency" in it

http://www.amazon.com/Writer-Emergen...DateDescending

I was curious so I read about it and noticed that the vast majority of
the 4/5 star reviews were clustered in March and November of 2015 and
that few if any of those reviewers were verified purchasers.

I've written a few hundred reviews for Amazon products so I though
nothing of writing a review questioning the review statistics of this
product. It was very brief simply questioning what had caused that
clustering of 4/5 star reviews around those very few time periods.

I was very surprised to find my review rejected. It was the first
rejection I have ever received for an Amazon review. Apparently
questioning the Amazon review process is a no-no. Amazon wrote

- Your review should focus on specific features of the product and
your experience with it. Feedback on the seller or your shipment
experience should be provided at www.amazon.com/feedback.

which sounds reasonable, except that to leave "feedback" you have to
actually buy the product. It also indicates to me that they devote a
lot of effort to identifying reviews that are critical of their
product review process.