Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.tech.broadcast
Alan White[_3_] Alan White[_3_] is offline

Default Radio equipment

On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 19:48:55 +0000, John Williamson
wrote:

All it takes is for your cloud backup provider to go broke (It has
happened already for some) or for you to forget to make a payment, and
you lose access to your data, because normal human nature will trust a
cloud backup to do the job we all used to do locally.

Although DropBox is a cloud, the DropBox folder exists on any computer
on which you have it installed which are then synchronised to the cloud.
If you have, as we do, two PCs, a laptop, a Mac, two iPhones and two
iPads this is invaluable. A change on any one of those is sent to the
DropBox cloud which then synchronises all the other kit so that
everything remains in step.

If DropBox goes bust, then all the local kit has everything
synchronised.

If all the local kit is destroyed, then DropBox still has everything.

It costs $99 a year and is worth it for the amount of data we're
storing.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.