Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Wrong kind of tinning?

If I were to render an opinion (you'll probably agree) there is a difference here. THIS IS AN AIRCRAFT NOT A TV SET ! DAMMIT !

They should be using the solder used back in Tektronix scopes, lead/tin and 2 % silver, or maybe more perce3nt silver.

Lead free solder exists in consumer electronics because it gets to the landfill so fast. And stoooopid people htink it gets into the water. That kind of lead does not, I have a lead buyllet in my body and I have no lead poisoning. That comes from the salts and compounds of lead. Solder is NOT that.

They just got more planned obsolescence now. More sales in the future. You will rue the day you got rid of your old Toshiba CRT TV. You will rue the day you got rid of alot of things., Old lawnmowers that used ignition points.. They ran after a thunderstorm. (the electronic modules in the newer ones were too susceptible to mini EMPs caused by lightning strikes, until people got ****ed off and made them fix it of course, and it ain't really fixed I guarantee)

They can go **** themselves.