Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default (OT) Police car headlights

On 12/1/2015 5:48 PM, Moe DeLoughan wrote:

That's the thing that drives me crazy about people with money - they are
so goddamned cheap. Yes, that's how they got their money, but this is a
good example - they scrimped and saved all their lives, and for what?
They can't take it with them. It's past time to treat themselves well
for whatever time they have left.

One of my sisters happens to be friends with several very wealthy
couples. My sister and her husband (blue collar) pay their own way to
fly down to visit these people at their vacation homes, where their
"friends" put them to work around their property so they don't have to
hire help. Yet they'd never consider even paying them for their airfare,
much less paying them for their work.

My sister was going to go on a cruise this winter with a couple of her
millionaire lady friends, but then was suddenly laid off. She told them
she couldn't go after all, since she'd just lost her job. They have done
nothing but bitch and moan about how she is inconveniencing them by not
going anymore - and how come she doesn't ask her son to pay for her
cruise? Oh, and they still expect her to do all the booking and other
arrangements for their trip, even though she's not going.
Neither one ever offered to pay for her cruise, and these are people who
have so much in the bank and so much income, their accountants have been
pleading with them to please, please spend some money.

I'm not so sure her friends are friends.

I'd like to die broke. If I knew when the end would come I'd plan it to
the last day. Meantime, I have enough to live on for some years and I'm
enjoying the surplus while we can.

We splurge on a few things, travel a bit more, do some good for less
fortunate.