Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Junk : Legitimate Phone Calls - Your Ratio ?

On Tue, 01 Dec 2015 15:35:28 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Micky:
the bottom line is that I now get five junk calls for every legit call
and that spells "Moot" to me...

I thought you were going to say "moot for me" or "in my case", but you
continue to sound like because it doesn't work for you it doesn't work
for anyone.

I'll take that....

My assumption being that those not getting my volume of junk calls are
not getting them for some other reason than the DNC lists.

As I said before, I used to get a lot of spam calls before the DNC but
it went down and stayed down.

I did get my first or second call about electric rates today. The
combination of all the background noise at his end, and his accent, I
couldn't understand most of what he said. There really is the
option now to change companies, and he might be for real. But
apparently the cheapest rate-giver changes weekly so it doesn't seem
worth it. One guy came around in person 15 months ago. They're
all taught a pitch which is too demanding. "Let me see your electric
bill." Who, you?

It's like the old joke where a guy is walking around Manhattan blowing a
whistle.

"Why are you blowing that whistle ?"

"To keep the wild elephants away."

"But the nearest wild elephants are in Africa."