Posted to comp.mobile.android,comp.mobile.ipad,alt.home.repair
Davoud Davoud is offline

Default Advice sought on why 6.8A USB charger melted USB cable today

Davoud:
You just need to know that you bought a cheap,
off-brand charger that was made in a country that is infamous for
producing shoddy and dangerous electrical devices

Danny D.:
Try to find almost any USB charger that isn't made in China.
Even Apple chargers are, I think, made in China.
And that's as name brand as you get.

But if you buy a name brand, be it Apple or Dell or whatever, you will
get a product that was designed by the seller's engineers and that is
manufactured under the seller's eye. Can there still be problems? Sure,
but the odds are much better that you will get a safe, quality product.
The off-brand products tend to be made in little sweatshops, people's
kitchens, wherever, without the benefit of engineering knowledge or QC.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm