Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default AAA: E15 could really fark up your car, void warranties

mike writes:

On 12/1/2015 10:09 AM, Dan Espen wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" writes:

Per dpb:
... Corn based ethanol is a disaster. We are burning food.

More nonsense...most of the corn converted to ethanol is being grown
specifically for the purpose.

But wouldn't that be taking land out of production for food-type crops ?

Yes.

We have a net energy shortage.
Right now, we're doing fine with food.

Explain that to starving populations.

Can't argue with that.
Can't even make sense of that.

The USA exports 20% of it's corn production.
We're the world leader in corn production.
Most of these "starving populations" are living in
war zones. If you can figure out how to ship corn
there, more power to you.

https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/con...est-countries/

By all means, eating is way more important than reducing US dependence
on foreign oil. Unfortunately, I don't think stockpiling corn we can't
use is going to help.

--
Dan Espen