Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default That's not a Snowbrush, *This* is a Snowbrush

On Tuesday, December 1, 2015 at 7:26:59 AM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:
i have vans and use a large push broom to clean off my vans. the law prohibits driving around with snow on the roof, which has caused accidents when it blows off and the person behind cant see.

In my opinion, the blowing snow from the car in front is not the real
problem. We drive in blowing snow quite often. We can change lanes, we
can slow down, etc.

The real problem occurs when the driver with the snow on the roof hits
the brakes and the snow slides down onto the windshield. In most cases,
when there is enough heavy snow that it didn't blow off, the wipers are
useless against the weight. Now the driver is blind and there is not a
thing he can do about it.

I clean my roof not because of the law or because of the driver behind me,
but because I really like seeing where I am going.