Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default O/T: Ubuntu questions.

On Tuesday, 1 December 2015 15:18:12 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

That's why mots people run linux MINT. Its ubuntu with a better desktop
- MATE and Cinnamon are very XP - Like

Yeah, my friend is very particular about things like that. As
much as he can he has the same layout and same apps on Linux and
Windows. I put it down to the sheer amount of weed he smokes and
the subsequent need to not make things unnecessarily tricky when
switching machines!

I am still trying to sort out the scuppering of the WiFi when the
laptop comes out of hibernation or suspend or whatever it's
called, but it's not so important at the moment.

That's a deep and tricky problem. A lot de3opends on how the drivers
actually behave.

Yeah, it is becoming apparent the more I read! But I am sure
nibbling at it will eventually get rid of the problem!

Hmm. I have pilfered so many fonts from so many places its hard to see
whats what.

You need better fonts then ;-)