Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) elderly shoppers

On 12/1/2015 9:27 AM, Pat wrote:
On Tue, 1 Dec 2015 09:06:51 -0500, Stormin Mormon
My Mom used to tell me about "depression babies".
These are the people born right after TGD, and
still are greatly affected by it. Might be the
case with the 80 y.o. shoppers.

My Mom was in her late teens during the depression and was responsible
for her younger brothers and sisters due to her parents both passing
away young. I can still remember driving her around to various
grocery stores in the 80's so she could save 3 cents on a can of green
beans or whatever was on sale. We easily spent more on gas going to 3
or 4 stores than the savings, but she couldn't help it.

My Mom commented on people who drove across
town to save ten cents on a bag of potato
chips. Same concept.

--
..
Christopher A. Young