Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rebecca Bonnell Rebecca Bonnell is offline

Default Seized mortice lock

replying to Peter Parry, Rebecca Bonnell wrote:
peter wrote:

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 16:45:33 +0100, patrick j
Spray in WD40 (including a bit around the bolt and strike plate) and
leave an hour, put key in and try to open it. Don't use too much
force (especially if you only have one key). If lock doesn't open
spray in more WD40 and leave overnight. Repeat morning and night
until it opens or you decide more brute force methods are needed.

A Huge Thank You for your advice I had this problem with my inner front
door to my flat and could see a major bill looming up then i Prayed about
it to GOD... and HE Directed me online to find this helpful site and then
i sprayed the WD40 ...ALOT, BOTH SIDES (Lucky i have a back door as i live
in a ground floor flat) then i went in search for my mallet hammer and
proceeded to vent my frustration on the area where the bolt is while tryng
to turn the key and then it gave and turned...WOW CHUFFED TO BITS TO SAY
THE LEAST...and the bolt got sprayed with WD40 several times while i
turned it back and forth, just to make sure that everthing was well
lubricated, as i don't want a repeat! Thank You Again.X

PRAISE OUR DEAR ALMIGHTY FATHER GOD/DEAR LORD JESUS CHRIST/DEAR HOLY
SPIRIT. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX