Ian Stirling

Default Need more advice on backlight inverter

Dag Nygren wrote:

Hi again,

Some time ago I asked for schematics on my Samsung Syncmaster 531T
monitor as the backlight had gone out.
I have now pinpointed the fault to one side of the dual inverter.
I changed two faulty transistors that drove the output transformer.
Then the backlight worked for about 5 minutes, when it started
flickering and went off again. The worrying thing this time was that there
was a distinct smell of burned electronics around the transformer this
time....

I'm betting on a shorted turn /insulation failure on the transformer
secondary.

--
http://inquisitor.i.am/ | | Ian Stirling.
Tad Williams has an interesting new fantasy: http://www.shadowmarch.com/