Posted to alt.home.repair
Nil[_3_] Nil[_3_] is offline

Default Junk : Legitimate Phone Calls - Your Ratio ?

On 30 Nov 2015, wrote in alt.home.repair:

On Mon, 30 Nov 2015 19:31:34 -0500, Nil
wrote:

Who says the DNC list is "moot"?

Anyone who ever filed a complaint or 50.
Virtually all of my calls are junk.

That doesn't mean much. The DNC is only respected by honest American
business callers. Complaints only affect them, and I believe it has
been effective as far as that goes - I get no telemarketing calls from
legit companies. Junk callers may or may not be calling from within the
country, but in any case they are calling via the Internet, making
their real location almost impossible to trace.

The DNC is no more moot than it ever was. There are just a lot more
scammers who know how to operate without being caught.