Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Calcification and "auto-drain" valves

On 11/30/2015 2:01 PM, Tekkie® wrote:
Don Y posted for all of us...

Nope. I am just pro-active. I don't like having to "jump" to fix
something that needn't have failed. I'd rather spend time
thinking about *likely* failures and coming up with ways of
avoiding or minimizing them than to have to deal with an inevitable
failure when it is "convenient" for that *failure*, and not me!

So think about pancreatic cancer or Alzheimer's or gangrene of the gonads or
anything blue ointment ain't gonna fix.

Why waste time thinking about something I can't *do* anything about?

Instead, I'll look at the likely issues that my body will face -- given
my history, lifestyle, etc. -- and proactively address those. If a
piano falls out of a 6th floor window as I'm walking under it... so be it!
(I'm not going to avoid walking near 6 story buildings on the off chance
that a piano might fall)

Watched a friend die of esophageal cancer last year; another lose her
battle to ALS; now watching one go to ovarian cancer. I'm pretty sure
none of them thought "if only I had (or hadn't!) done..."

OTOH, watched a neighbor become full-on type 2 diabetic; then have his
heart attack; then a stroke... waiting to see when he gets the message
regarding diet, weight, exercise, lifestyle, etc. Apparently not
willing to listen to his doctor's advice -- and grumbles each time
one of the MD's "predictions" comes true! :-/

: