Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Beginners Syndrome

On 11/30/15 3:19 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:56:33 -0500
Bill wrote:

I found an old Marples morise chisel last night that looks very rusty
(it has "thick rust"-lol). I'm going to try to resurrect it with

best cure for rust is to soak it in water then scrape the rust off with
something appropriate

Bull****. Best "cure" for rust is phosphoric acid which is the active
ingredient in any good rust cleaner, including naval jelly.

once you get it where you want it dry it well then lightly mineral oil it

What is your constant aversion to punctuation?
I skip over half the stuff you post because it's barely readable.
When I do happen to read it, it's generally BS like in this post and
that whole "caul" debacle.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)