Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default (OT) Police car headlights

Terry Coombs posted for all of us...

wrote:
Last night I was driving down a rural road and was in no hurry. A car
pulls up behind me and his headlights are absolutely blinding me in my
mirrors. This car is keeping a reasonable distance behind me, but
those lights are extremely annoying. I began to wonder if he had his
brights turned on.

I flipped the rear view mirror to the "night" setting, but my side
view door mirrors can not be adjusted without rolling down the
window, and since it's a hassle to readjust them, and it was cold
last night, I was not going to open the window and adjust it, which
still leaves the right mirror on the passenger side.

Anyhow, the headlights on this car behind me were much worse than
most. I finally grabbed a piece of paper and held it against the side
window to block the mirror, thus causing me to steer with one hand.

I finally got to a stop sign where I had to turn, and saw that car was
turning the same way as me. So I immediately pulled over to the
shoulder to let that car pass me. SURPRISE.... It was a sheriffs car!

What kind of lights are they using? Whatever they use, they are
dangerously blinding for other drivers. This is not the first time
I've had a vehicle behind me that has extremely bright lights that
blind me, and it's turned out to be a police vehicle....

Police or not, those lights are too frikkin bright!

Better-than-even chance he had his brights on , attempting to induce you to
do something he could cite you for . Had a Utah HP prick (no other word
would do in this case) ride my ass with brights back a few (decades) , I
decided more speed was in order . Lights came on as I passed 80 ... but he
screwed up , I was out of the jurisdiction of the JP he was colluding with .

Still could have cited you. Law of "Hot Pursuit" and fleeing and evading.

Gee how much time would it cost to just pull over and let the car pass? You
have something to hide? That's what crack dealers do when they see a cop car
they speed up and make infractions so they bring attention to themselves.

--
Tekkie